Club racing at Launceston in 2012 will take place on the second and fourth Thursday night each month. Where there are five Thursday nights in a month the track will be open on the fifth Thursday will be open for practice (half race-fee applies).
Club committee meetings are the first monday night, of each second month. For the rest of 2012 meetings are: May 7, July 2, September 3, November 5. Club Annual General Meeting will be Thursday August 30th.
On race nights the doors at Rutherglen will be open by 6pm, with racing underway by 7pm.
2012 race dates are (or download the LRC Race Dates Poster 2012):
- Jan 12 & 26
- Feb 9 & 23
- Mar 8 & 22 (practice 29th)
- Apr 12 & 26
- May 10 & 24 (practice 31st)
- June 14 & Launceston Cup June 19/30)
- July 12 & 26
- Aug 19 & 23 (AGM & practice 30th)
- Sept 13 & 27
- Oct 11 & 25
- Nov 8 & 22 (practice 29th)
- Dec 13
There are two Championship points series in 2012. Each series consists of nine events, with each racer’s best 8 results to count. There are two non-points events in June/July to allow for Launceston Cup, new track layout etc.
- Season 1 (Autumn) Feb 9 to June 14
- Season 2 (Spring) July 26 to Nov 22
Race fees for 2012 are unchanged.
- Members $10 one class, $15 two
- Non-Members $15 one class, $20 two
- Personal transponders for hire (first-come, first-served) $5 per night
- Personal transponders for sale approx $100