Practice is ON tommorrow night (Thurs 29th)

Sorry for the short notice, it’s taken me a few days to get everything sorted, but we are opening up for practice at Rutherglen tomorrow night.

Andrew Mackenzie and Andrew Green will manage the practice session. Cost will be $5 per person.  We probably won’t be running timing equipment.

Practice will run from 6pm, with doors closing at 9pm.  Each half-hour or so we’ll close the off-road track to give the tourer guys a clear shot at the on-road layout.

Frequency management will be racer responsibility. If you’re not running a 2.4ghz radio, it’s your responsibility to make sure your frequency is clear every time you go out for a run.

Enjoy (and practice some of that suspension tuning stuff we talked about last month)!

Advertisements

About scottg

Scott Guyatt is husband, father, brother, son, friend, disciple, runner, cyclist and story-teller
This entry was posted in News. Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to Practice is ON tommorrow night (Thurs 29th)

1. Greenie says:

Looks like we’ll have the track to ourselves Macca!!!! LOL!!!

2. ian says:

dont think so greenie

3. James says:

Is anyone taking their Biltz ESE out tomorrow night? Im struggling to build my diff on mine so i can have a look at your to compare it with mine?
    Also i might bring out my motor for my Slash to give someone to have a look at it for me too and i’ll be bring out the tourer is the only 1/10th car that i have going! Thanks James

4. derek beresford says:

well done A and A,keen for more practice!

5. James says:

I just want to say thanks to Greenie and Rockect for the help with my problems and my night ended early due to a Rear-Diff for the Tourer!

In the mean-time i’ll be finishing off the Building the Blitz also getting it ready for its first Outing also get the Slash re-going for Off-road tracks and Im sticking the Vorza to Latrobe’s Track!

L8r James

• James says:

Ive finished building the Blitz last night after the Practise Night also my new Lrp Motor is on the way and hopefully i get it before the next meeting but ive thrown in my tourer motor on it just incase if it idoesn’t turn up in time!

Also ive painted my Blitz body ready for next meeting too just needs some final coats then the stickers needs to go on and she will be ready and my tourers rear diff is fine just needed some maintenace on it to blow the dust out has been done and slap on some more grease for the ball-bearings and put it back together ready for next year’s racing! L8r James

6. derek beresford says:

what colour did u paint ur shell James?

• James says:

Its Flurorescent Orange with Gun Metal Grey GT Stripe on the Hood but its more a Mustard Orange Now after i’d thrown on the Gun Metal Grey!

• Paddy says:

Hot tip with painting James. Alway lay down your darkest colour first, unless you want to darken your other colour! My SC is built and ready for action. But its in mainland spec atm…

• James says:

That was my plan to paint my Blitz Body Paddy 😉 The Orange was a bit bright so i tried to darken it with my Gun Metal Grey Colour and it came out better than i expected! 🙂

7. Chris murray says:

Hey guys racing is on tonight yes?

8. scottg says:

Hi Chris
    Racing at Launnie is the second and fourth Thursday night each month. So no racing tonight, but next Thursday night.

If in doubt hit the 2011 dates link above for a full calendar.

cheers
    Scott

9. James says:

Speaking about Racing, Im going to Devonport To pick up a 10.5t Brushless Motor Combo for the Slash and i was curious if im able to run in the 8th Scale Class?

This Combo i’ll be getting is says it can run up to 3s Lipo Batteries but i’ll be running just 2s Batteries next week! Thanks James

Comments are closed.