Newcomers to Launceston R/C might not be aware that our president has a dirt off-road track in his back paddock, and with summer evenings here, it’s time to get up and running for some dirt action.
The Hillwood RC track is in need of some maintenance! So I’m proposing a small working bee on Saturday 8th to get it in order for some racing. If we get enough people helping and get the track in order we may even have a meet the next day (Sunday 09/01) or if not it will be the last Sunday of Jan as was the pattern last summer.
Things to do…
– main issue is getting the track smoothed out a roller would be ideal
– Jumps to be redone, triple up the hill is going
– The track has been extended since you all last came, so maybe a jump or 2 in that section
– I will buy some piping for the new part, it will need to be pegged down.
– New drivers stand coming, but not straight away…
– fencing at the top area to keep horses off track!
– general clean up around the track.
Also if you have any tools you can bring (shovels, wheel barrows, rakes, etc.) that would be great!
So if you can make it that would be excellent, let me know by posting on here, or you can call me on 0438059735