Movember….a Launceston R/C Challenge?

Here’s a random thought for a Friday morning….

Our esteemed “Greenie” has donated his face and dignity to participate in “Movember” – a community initiative aimed at raising awareness and funds around men’s health issues – particularly prostate cancer and depression.

I’m wondering….about a Launceston R/C “Movember Challenge”.  If you’re willing….sign up for Movember, grow a Mo, and we’ll have a “Mo-Off” to see who can grow the best Mo (and raise the most dough) at Launceston R/C.  Photos to be published here.

So, how about it?  Hit the Movember website and sign up. Do it now!

And while you’re there, hit Greenie’s Movember page and donate a few bucks.

Here’s “The Mo Racing Team” page, featuring a few intrepid mo-growing R/C racers.  Hit the page and launch a few bucks at men’s health research.

You know it makes sense!

Advertisements

About scottg

Scott Guyatt is husband, father, brother, son, friend, disciple, runner, cyclist and story-teller
This entry was posted in News. Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Movember….a Launceston R/C Challenge?

1. Greenie says:

A BIG thats to the man Scotty G for being the first donation for me this year!!!

This Movember I’ve decided to donate my face again to raising awareness about men’s health. My commitment is the growth of a moustache for the entire month of Movember, which I know will generate conversation, controversy and laughter. I am doing this because close to 3,300 men die of prostate cancer in Australia each year and one in eight men will experience depression in their lifetime.

As a male of our species, I know all too well, we men, don’t talk about men’s health issues, as it seems to have a stigma of taboo. Bringing a little laughter and fun to the issue is a simple, and effective way to break the ice for many to be open about health issues that they may have concerns or even suffering themselves.

If you think about it, i can almost guaranty that you yourself, know, know of, or, have known of someone that has been affected by prostate cancer or suffered with depression, you yourself might be fighting one of these battles, you don’t have to go it alone my friend, the Mo is here and we all want to help.

With donations made to Movember, foundations like Beyondblue, have helped thousands through tuff and dark times, and the Prostate Cancer Foundation of Australia(PCFA) are doing some amazing work in their field of research, and these guys need our support so that they can continue to support us. Remember, just a simple chat with a mate, partner, or even the Doc, can make all the difference.

Be a MAN, have a chat…!!!

2. Greenie says:

I’ve started a team up so if anyone is keen to join in, hit my Mospace up and you can join the team from there!!!
    now get Growing!!

3. Paddy says:

Haha i haven’t seen my chin since i was 18… It would look hilarious i reckon…
    Now Greenie, think we would fit in at Chris’s wedding with our big Mo’s? I know your going the handlebars… 😉

4. Paddy says:

Don’t worry, I’ll go the handlebars! Haha, think the best man could get away with that?

5. Greenie says:

A BIG Shout out to Scotty’s dad David, another great donation to the cause.
    Thanks David, a much Appreciated donation.

6. Greenie says:

Thanks Bart for you donation dude!!!

7. Paddy says:

Add another to the Mo Racing Team!! My handlebars are on the way!! :mrgreen:
    I think Bart would look good with a big Boonie type tash :mrgreen: 😯

8. scottg says:

better late than never….I’m in for the Movember challenge.

You can find my movember page here:

• Greenie says:

HEY!!! Wicked Scott!!!
      ah, only a week behind dude!!! all in the name of fun!!!!

So far “The Mo Racing Team” has raised $125, a good start for week one.

join in the fun, join the team, or donate to someone on the team!
      And once again, a big thanks to everyone who’s donated

9. Greenie says:

Thats to my work mate Cheryl for her donation.

10. Greenie says:

Now in the final week of Movember, the team has raised $375 in donations.
    Once again we’re asking for your support. Jump online and hit up one of the team members pages and donate.

11. Greenie says:

Also, a big shout out and thanks to Cheryl, Thanks for you donation. Cheryl is fighting her own battle at the monent against a brain tumor. Your courage is outstanding. For someone in your position, to turn up, and to keep working is, amazing. Cheryl is a work mate, with three kids and a loving Husband, struck down randomly three weeks ago. Her fight continues with the out come looking good

12. Greenie says: