At the first formal club meeting this week, Launceston R/C was officially constituted! After a highly successful three month trial the meeting agree unanimously to form a club and continue with our goal of organising regular, high quality R/C racing in the Launceston area.
The decisions made by the meeting include:
- independent club to be formed and established as incorporated association
- club to be affiliated with Tasmanian Model Makers and Collectors Association Inc
- racing to continue at Rutherglen as per the 2010 schedule published at this website (2nd and 4th Thursday nights)
- priorities for track improvements include driver’s stand, track markers, reversing current layout, safe spectator areas, improved lighting
- priorities for the club include professionally run race meetings, welcoming and friendly atmosphere, and good quality competition
- club memberships will be offered, with membership applications opening soon
Many thanks go to all those who have already contributed a great deal to get the club up and running. We’re excited about the future and the potential for this R/C club.
A committee was formed to continue to provide governance and oversight for the club. Committee members are:
- President: Paddy Hume
- Secretary: Scott Guyatt
- Treasurer: Andrew & Richard Green
- Track Coordinator: Chris Brickwood
- Sponsorship/Marketing Coordinator: Steve Willis
- General Committee Members: Ian Scott & Sam Wells
A track maintenance and development team to work with Chris was also appointed and includes Rodney Houghton, Graham Viney, James Atkinson and Taylor Barwick.
Full minutes of the meeting are available at the Documents page of this website.
Hi Scott Just a question I have a patio heater that hooks up to a gas bottle is it ok If I bring it along to meetings just for a bit of warmth?
I wouldn’t think it would be a problem Katrina. if there are any concerns we can check with the building owners.
Good thinking since its heading towards winter time! 😉